- 4 Nice Size Fillet Catfish Portions.
- Green & Red Pepper.
- 3 tablespoons Stick of salted butter.
- 1 TSP of Old Bay Spice.
- 1 TSP of lemon pepper seasoning.
- 1 TSP of all purpose Goya adobo seasoning.
- 1 TSP Of Whole thyme seasoning.
- 1 TSP of dried parsley flakes.
- 3/4 TSP of chili powder.
- 3/4 TSP of cumin seasoning.
- 3/4 TSP of Paprika spice.
- Clean and rinse catfish in cold water.
- Place fish in a mixing bowl.
- Season fish with all the spices except for the parsley flakes.
- Mix all the fish around using your hand in the bowl making sure that each piece is coated with seasoning.
- Depending on the size of fish and how many portions you are cooking you may want to double up 1/4 or 3/4 of spice depending on your taste palate.
- After you have seasoned the fish place fish in a baking dish or aluminum tin pan big enough for the fish to be evenly spaced apart.
- Preheat oven to 375degrees.
- Take 3 tablespoons of stick butter and melt it a safe microwaveable dish. Melt for about 1 minute making sure it does not burn.
- Pour melted butter over each piece of seasoned catfish.
- Take your dried parsley flakes using your hand crushing them over each piece of fish:
- Place fish in oven once it’s heated to 375 Degrees.
- Cook uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes depending on how thick your catfish is.
- To make the top of the fish a little crispy you can change the cooking temp to broil the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- (WARNING YOU HAVE TO STAND BY THE OVEN WATCHING MAKING SURE IT DOES NOT BURN BUT JUST GETS A NICE CRISP ON TOP)
- The safe internal temperature for cooked fish is 145°F, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Enjoy 😋